5 SIGNS IT’S TIME TO REPLACE YOUR AIR CONDITIONER
1. You can expect a well-maintained air conditioner to last about 15 years. However, if you’re in need of expensive repairs and your air conditioner is more than 10 years old, it will often make more sense to replace it.
2. Air conditioner is inefficient. If your air conditioner has a low rating, you can cut back on your energy costs by replacing it with a new, more efficient unit.
3. Any time you’re facing an expensive repair, you’ll want to weigh the costs of the repair against the costs of a new unit. It will likely make more financial sense to replace it.
4. Frequent breakdowns. Does it seem like your air conditioner is constantly breaking down? These repair costs can really add up, and it doesn’t make sense to keep making them on older units.
5. Your home isn’t comfortable. Do you have a hard time keeping your home cool? This could be the sign of an aging air conditioner or even an incorrectly sized system.